Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Please click here to see all the fun we had over Valentine weekend.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Papa: "That is a pick"
Lydia proceeds to put it up to her nose and says "pick" while nodding her head.
While at the dinner table I ask Lydia "What's their name?" pointing to everyone in turn.
"Cupper, Cayen, Papa."
Cooper pipes up "No, his name is George."
Cooper then starts to choke on his food because he's laughing so hard. He couldn't stop laughing and ended up throwing up. At least nothing came out his nose...
Papa to Lydia: "Are you a Silly Goose or a Pumpkin Head?"
Lydia: "Ina Puckin Head" while nodding her head.
Lydia's new phrase is "Commeer" while running up to you to give you a hug
Cooper and I are playing Wii bowling:
Cooper asks "Can I play the Wii?" I answer, "Yes you may." Catelyn asks "Can I play too?" "Sure." Lydia says "Wii too!"
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
He took a moment to gain his composure which I was very proud of him for.
Here is the last song that they performed. By the end the kids were really belting out "God Bless America".
Afterward, Cooper's teacher commented on how well she thought everyone did and that the teachers wanted to do this performance because they didn't know how much longer these patriotic songs would be allowed in school. I thought it was wonderful that there are still teachers out there that care so much about our country and God's role in it.
Friday, February 13, 2009
So this is from Christmas day, or the day after. Mom (Grammy) and Dad (Papa) in the background in their kitchen, my SIL Sarah smiling for the camera with her cute belly and my brother Jared fixing himself some leftovers.
If you've already done it let me know.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Here is a video of Elder Wirthlin when he gave the talk that the lesson is based on. It touched my heart and I want to bear my testimony that all the things he says are true.
We determine our happiness. Sometimes trials come our way that we have no control over. What we do have control over is how we respond to those trials. Do we turn to the Lord for strength and support? If we seek for the eternal as he states, we will have the opportunity to stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion. I bear testimony of the truthfulness of these things. In the name of my Lord, Savior, Redeemer and friend, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Here we go:
- I cut Catelyn's hair myself. This past one was the hardest for me and I am leaning towards her getting it professionally done next time.
- I really don't like to be ignored. I would much rather be rejected than have people not respond.
- I follow a lot of blogs of people I know (and some I don't) but rarely comment. I just went and counted all of the ones on my reader account and it's over 75!
- I once had a friend in college dub me "Senora Muchas Smoochas"
- I am very proud of my children and tell them so often
- I applied to 5 colleges and got scholarships to all but the one I chose to go to. BYU
- My older kids are playing the Wii in the other room and I'm on the computer. I really need to kick this bad habit.
- At least the baby is in bed and I can hear Cooper and Catelyn giggling uncontrollably. No one is screaming yet.
- I'm ready for a night out.
- I just ate a gluten free wafer cookie and the aftertaste is like I ate perfume...
- I love earrings. I could possibly have close to 100 pairs.
- I like buckles on my shoes.
- I wish I didn't have to tweeze my eyebrows. It's a constant chore.
- I had fun in high school. I think it's pretty safe to say I was friends with just about everyone.
- I am a VERY bad organizer and planner. Luckily I'm living with my mom again. She created my handicap, she can be my crutch.
- I'm going to take a break now and put the kids to bed.
- I believe these are the last days and I'm living my life accordingly.
- I don't like to by tickled but all 3 of my kids are like their dad and LOVE to be lightly tickled. Lydia calls it "aGuh" She pulls her thumb out of her mouth and says "aGuh, aGuh!"
- I really like cheesecake.
- I foresee some serious and troubled times ahead for our country. Seriously troubled.
- I miss kissing. Lately I've been getting my fix by watching the Bachelor o.O
- I used to be a gamer. I played WoW every day.
- It seems that I have an addiction problem. First it was Myspace, then World of Warcraft, now Facebook.
- I don't like fruit in my chocolate. Separate they are great.
- I started going to therapy 9 months ago when my world imploded, and it helped me get to the other side of this trial. One last session is all I have left.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Here is a video from that same tent.. The girls were still sick at this point so you can hear Catelyn sniffling along with her very loud voice.
I just bought two tickets to their live tour coming in May!!!
It was sort of a "do something nice for myself since my Birthday last year sucked" purchase. I'm hoping by the time May 25th rolls around I'll have someone I would like to take with me since I bought two tickets. I'm pretty excited to be doing something special for me.
Here's a song from their TV show on HBO. Warning, there are one or two curse words so don't play it till the kids are out of the room. :)