Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Cooper riding California Screamin. He loved it!
In Bug's Land. Lydia loved the "Chew Chew Train". She said "Watermellon, wet, my shirt." You go through a watermellon rind and it spritzes you.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
More pictures of kites and messy kids to follow.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
We were at the Condo (Newport Coast Villas timeshare that I'll blog about later) the weekend before the wedding and my mom's Uncle Bob and Aunt Janice stopped by. A little while later he got a call saying that two of his sons and their families were coming over to visit also. We hadn't seen these cousins in years and were excited to see everyone.
Cooper said the funniest thing when they all got there. He had been in the bathroom getting ready for bed and comes out to a scene very similar to this:
and says "What just happend?!" So many cousins he didn't know what to do! One family of all girls and one family of all boys.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
I went to get the mail this morning from Saturday because it was raining that day and we never went out to get it. In the stack of bills was a letter addressed to "The Parents/Guardians of Cooper Johnson" from our school district. I opened it up and my eyes started brimming with tears as I read:
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Aunt Mimi came to visit the week after Valentines weekend and cut some spirals out of the craft paper for the kids to play with. After Mimi left Catelyn spent hours perfecting the skill. No one ever sat down with her to show her, she just figured out how it works by herself.
All while she sings or hums real and made up songs.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
This survey has been going around Facebook lately and I thought it was a great idea. I asked Cooper who just turned 7 and Catelyn who is 4 3/4 to answer these questions.
- What is something mom always says to you? Cooper- Don't do this unless you ask. You're not the boss. Catelyn- Obey.
- What makes mom happy? Cooper- Do what you ask me to do. Catelyn- Making jokes and silly faces.
- What makes mom sad? Cooper- Unobey. What's the word? Catelyn- Scratching and pulling and climbing and tying.
- How does your mom make you laugh? Cooper- Funny jokes that we haven't heard before. Catelyn- Silly faces and dancing and fun at the park.
- What was your mom like as a child? Cooper- A beautiful girl. Catelyn- Like folding your arms.
- How old is your mom? Cooper- 30 Catelyn- 30
- How tall is your mom? Cooper- I don't know. Do you know? Catelyn- Get up. It looks like that long (spreads her arms out)
- What is her favorite thing to do? Cooper- Uh, be with me. Catelyn- Play the piano and organ.
- What does your mom do when you're not around? Cooper- I don't know. Catelyn- Do computers.
- If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Cooper- I don't know. Catelyn- Go to the party.
- What is your mom really good at? Cooper- The piano or the organ. Catelyn- Sweeping and eating tortillas.
- What is your mom not very good at? Cooper- Climbing a tree. Catelyn- Climbing up the tree.
- What does your mom do for her job? Cooper- Take care of us. Catelyn- At her room.
- What is your mom's favorite food? Cooper- Meatloaf (we had it last night) Catelyn- Dinner!
- What makes you proud of your mom? Cooper- That she takes care of us. Catelyn- When she puts on Dora.
- If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Cooper- Word Girl (its a show on PBS) Catelyn- A Rabbit and a rock star.
- What do you and your mom do together? Cooper- Play Wii together sometimes. Catelyn- Work and clean up.
- How are you and your mom the same? Cooper- Our eyebrows. Catelyn- Brown hairs and brown eyes.
- How are you and your mom different? Cooper- I'm a boy and she's a girl. Catelyn- You play the computer and I play with toys.
- How do you know your mom loves you? Cooper- We tell each other. Catelyn- Tell me a story.
- Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Cooper- To the temple. Catelyn- To go to a party.