Saturday, January 31, 2009
1. I am not shy
2. I would rather sing in front of people than give a prepared speech
3. I'm not a good speller and Spell Check is my friend.
4. I went to 8 Proms in High School
5. I played the French Horn in High School and College but was never very good because I didn't really practice.
6. I love people and want to help others
7. I have been to 4 foreign countries on World Harmony Tours with the choir I was in in High School
8. While on one of those trips, I went off with a boy I had met in Stockholm without telling anyone where I was going. Probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done. Luckily nothing bad happened.
9. I have never drank alcohol or smoked anything.
10. I have 3 children but have never gone into labor by myself. All 3 were induced.
11. I was in Northern California Honor Band and Choir twice and All State Choir once
12. I have not sat down to watch a televised sporting event since I have been separated from my husband. May of last year.
13. I would love to get a dog for my kids someday.
14. I am a positive, easy going person
15. I shaved the bottom of my hair in 8th grade.
16. I pretty much only watch reality TV. But I only watch it if it is recorded and I can skip commercials.
17. I love Flight of the Conchords and wish I had HBO for that reason.
18. I enjoy reading. Everything from Jane Austen to Isaac Asimov.
19. I just recently started getting in shape after letting things take their course for 10 years.
20. I was home schooled for 4 years and was able to skip the awkward middle school years.
21. I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I couldn't have survived this past year without Him.
22. There are a lot of private things I could put on here that would shock and concern everyone who reads this, but I'm not going to share those publicly.
23. I have an amazing family whom I thank God every day for.
24. I burp a lot.
25. Despite the unexpected and challenging circumstances I find myself in, I love my life and am thankful for all of my blessings.
After having thought of 25 things about me, I find that there are more things I want to add. I think I will start a new list.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Lydia makes the sign for "doll" (brushing her finger down her nose) and also says that the baby has a watch on. Cooper was falling on the floor he was so excited.
Lydia discovered that her bouncy balls had pictures of Dora and Boots on them. You can hear her squeal!
Catelyn had just gotten up and was going through her stocking. Lydia is still overjoyed with her bouncy ball.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
My mom and I have already started exercising this week. In hopes that you might be inspired to click and join us, I'll let you know that in 3 days (we started Monday) I have lost 3 inches in my upper back, and half and inch in my waist, thigh, calf and ankle. When my friend Jill told me to measure my ankle after our first day of working out (Monday) I scoffed. "My ankle? How much can I lose in my ankles?" She said, "You'd be surprised." And I am!
Let's do this! 2009 is going to be a year of no regrets. Let's start off right.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Here's a few uploaded pictures from the day before New Year.
The New Years Eve party started at Aunt Michal's and moved to her in-law's.
A passel of cousins
Bronwen wrapped up reading a book
Nana scratching Cooper's back in front of the fire
Lydia carrying Bronwen's purseAunt Alli (who has announced she is expecting a new baby in June) reading the girls a story
Cooper was entertaining the young girls with a jack-in-the-box
Which included a chocolate fountain that was dubbed the "chocolate waterfall". The kids were granted free reign.
Happy New Year! More Christmas Day pics coming soon.