Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back in California, my home sweet home

On Friday, the 4th of July, the kids, my mom and I all returned to California after a very long day flying across the country. Considering that we went through 4 airports and were traveling for 12 1/2 hours the kids were fantastic.

I cannot express how relieved I am to be back in California and close to family and friends. We all enjoyed our North Carolina adventure but the past 2 1/2 months have been rough and I was anxious to get back to California as soon as we were able.

The kids and I have moved in with my parents and have already been welcomed with open arms by the ward family and the neighborhood. Every day has been filled with friendly new faces, and in the 4 days we have been here we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and friendship toward us.

Prior to moving, my dad and brother Jonathan came out to help us pack up my van and move everything across the country. Here's a picture of Uncle Jon w/ the girls. (I'll make a separate post on one of our adventures we had while Jon was there in a bit)
When we got to Grammy and Papa's house Uncle Jared and Aunt Mimi were visiting with Ben and Lucy.
Later, Uncle Josh came to visit as well. We were able to go swimming with all of them on Saturday. Again, I can't tell you how nice it is to have family close (and a fast internet).






Grammy and Papa's garden in the back yard is amazing and everyone has been out to pick from the bountiful harvest. The kids are actually turning into good eaters thanks to the excitement of eating a good dinner that they helped pick themselves. (It may look like Catelyn is picking flowers but there is actually a cherry tomato plant back in there.)

To sum things up, we are very glad to be back in California and are very grateful to everyone, most especially my parents, who have made it such a wonderful, joyful and pleasant experience.

4 comments:

Mimi Nowland said...

I am grateful that you have fast internet now too! We had a great time this weekend. We are so happy to have you back in CA.

Erika said...

Welcome back to the best state ever!!! :-)
So glad you're home. That pool looks beautiful (I'd love to come take a dip!) and the garden delicious. Hum...maybe we'll have to road trip-it up there :-)
Hope to see you in the next few weekends down here...

I like the new look of the blog.
Love you!!!

Michal said...

we are looking forward to seeing you guys when we are back in town. it will be great to have more cousins around.
sorry you had to come back to all the smoke and yuck.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

so are you guys visiting or did you move back to california???

if its the later . . .hello we need to catch an A's game together, OC fair, sunday BBQ, or heaven forbid and angels game.