Sunday, June 22, 2008

Williamsburg, VA


We had the great opportunity to visit Williamsburg, VA this weekend. It is really quite close to where we have been staying this past year, only 2 1/2 hours north-east. My dad is in town for a couple of weeks so we decided to take advantage of his extra help and go enjoy ourselves in Colonial Williamsburg.

The only bad part of our visit was that the kids were going through some sort of sickness, each in turn while we were there. Fevers, chills, red spots but luckily no vomiting. We were able to work through it and I think everyone was able to enjoy themselves.

Cooper's favorite part was the Blacksmith shop. He would have stayed there all day if we had let him. Catelyn really enjoyed the hands on tour we had where she learned to curtsy and wrote on a slate.
They also got to pull water up from a well which was 40 feet deep.

Lydia loved all the people she could charm.

My favorite parts were the speech by Thomas Jefferson and the drum and fife boys (seen at the top) and this cute pair playing their flute and whistle. The elderly man on the left put his flute down and it was his cane!


Thanks to both my mom and dad for making this trip possible.

4 comments:

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

good old colonial williamsburg. a great time. one of my favorite spots nearby was jamestown, at a historic glass factory. williamsburg is a great place. glad you had fun.
Ben

Martin said...

Great Pics

Erika said...

How fun :-)
I can just picture Catelyn curtsying (sp?) So cute.

Jyl said...

Becky! I found you! now you are added as a friend on my blog! you need to add me too! it is so good to see all the pictures of your adorable family! now we can stay closer! We miss you guys!
Jyl Holiday