Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring showers

Today was a typical Southern Spring day. Highs in the lower 80's with scattered showers throughout the day and humidity at 58%. It sprinkled this morning and then the sun came out for most of the afternoon. This was our visitor earlier in the morning.
Right about 5:00 pm a downpour came our way and was gone in 1/2 an hour.

After the storm I was looking out my kitchen window and saw something crawling through the grass on it's way to the pond. This is who we found.

The grass was still very wet so I hiked my pants up to get closer to him.
He had beautiful colors on his shell. He pulled his legs in but was keeping his head out to keep an eye on me.
Evan picked him up to take him to the pond and Mr. Turtle was hissing at him.
Evan took him to the end of the dock and put him down. Mr. Turtle scampered off the edge into the pond.

Gorgeous evening out tonight!

5 comments:

Erika said...

How fun!!!
We had 89 degree (HOT!!!) weather here. Our place doesn't have AC so I took Scotty outside and we played in the sprinkler for a while.

Allison said...

Meadowsong is a beautiful place! I wish that it was not so far away and that I could come by and spend some time enjoying that great lawn and pond.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

We are thinking of visiting Meadowhood sometime in the fall. It looks like the turtle has a couple of gun wounds on its back. I hope you guys have bars on the windows and doors. It reminds me of the hood back in the 'natti days. hope you guys stay safe.

Stuart said...

love you guys

Christine said...

That's so cool- All I saw today was a squirel, dead skunk (still smelly)- and a potato bug.